Here are agencies that are ready to offer assistance:
- Call United Way today and arrange to meet with a Case Manager. The United Way and other organizations and churches in the county (including ours) will be offering assistance. By registering with United Way, you will get your name and needs into the system of organizations.
- Call 211 : Open 24/7 and available in many languages.
- Interfaith of The Woodlands: Helping those in need who live within our service area: 77380–77382, 77384–77385, the portion of 77386 north of the Grand Parkway, the portions of 77389 and 77375 in the Village of Creekside Park, and the portion of 77354 in the Village of Sterling Ridge. Visit Interfaith of The Woodlands at 4242 Interfaith Way 77381.
- Crisis Assistance Center: For Conroe, north and west Montgomery County. Located at 1022 McCall Avenue, Conroe, Texas 77301.
- Mission Northeast: For East Montgomery County. Located at 22098 Loop 494, New Caney, Texas 77357.
- Northwest Assistance Ministry (NAM): For North Harris Count. Located 15555 Kuykendahl Road, Houston, Texas 77090
- Register with the Red Cross: Through the generosity of our donors, the American Red Cross is providing emergency assistance in the amount of $400 to qualified households in Texas directly impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Registration for this program will be open through Tuesday, October 10, 2017.
Flood Relief and Recovery - Pastoral Care and Counseling Support
Storms leave a lot of destruction in their wake. Floods and physical damage to property are the first wave of the crisis at hand. After the initial response and clean up begins, we may find ourselves confronted with an overwhelming sense of loss. Our grief comes upon us like a tsunami of emotion and we feel like the undertow might take us down. If you find yourself in need of emotional and spiritual care, especially in the wake of the first wave of response, call our Caring Ministry line at 281.297.5953 for pastoral care, or contact our Grace Point Counseling Center at 281.466.8602 for professional counseling.
Support Program: Rebuilding Hope After a Natural Disaster
Mondays, Starting October 16 | Noon – 1:30 p.m.
When a natural disaster occurs, God is active in our questions, confusions, and doubts as well as in those who help. Join Rev. Joy Johnson as she leads discussions on: Act of God, Act of God/Active God, Seeing with the Eyes of Faith, Seven Grace-full Blessings of an Active God, "Let Your Heart Take Courage!," Faithful Self-Care and Caregiving. Find out more